Monday, July 21, 2008

that's what I like about me!

Five things I like about my body:
1. My eyes. They are large and espressive and they are the color of milk chocolate.
2. My lips. They are full and shapely, and I didn't even need collagen injections!
3. My fingernails. They grow quickly and are nicely-shaped.
4. My ummm, well. Let me think for a minute.
OK.... I've got it! My ears! They are small and well-shaped!
5. My collarbone and shoulders. They look nice in pictures.

Five things I like about my body that have nothing to do with its appearance:
1. My womb. It seems difficult to talk about because it's personal, sacred. But how I blessed I have been! My womb has held seven children. How much I love it!
2. My senses. My senses of sight, hearing, touch, taste and smell allow me to experience this beautiful world. What gifts they are, and how I take them for granted.
3. My brain. It does live in my body, after all. How cool is it that I can schlep around my thoughts all day in such a handy carrying case?
4. My muscles. They are not stream-lined or ripped, but they are strong enough to get the job done. Because of them I could lift my babies; because of them I can hug the ones I love.
5. My hands. They allow me to write and share all those thoughts I'm lugging around. And that's a very good thing.

Both of these lists were difficult to write, the first one much harder than the second.

What about you? What do you love about YOUR body?

No comments: